Beyond Meat is definitely one of the best, if not THEE best meat alternative on the market. Their grilled chicken strips fit the bill whenever I’m looking for some protein replacement to use in a dish I miss making before I was a born-again herbivore.
This vegan chicken salad recipe was tested on several tough, meat-loving critics, and it passed with flying colors!
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken Strips
- 1 small Onion
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Apple of Your choice (I used Red Delicious)
- 2 Tablespoons of Sliced Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or Spicy Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Vegenaise (or mayo of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of Tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste (I found the Beyond Meat Strips made it salty enough)
*Variations: Add grapes, raisins, currants.
Step 1: Cook the Beyond Meat strips according to the package. Let cool a couple of minutes before chopping into small pieces.
Step 2: Dice onion, apple, celery and toss with “chicken”.
Step 3: Add Almonds, Tarragon, Cumin, and Pepper and mix.
Step 4: Add Apple Cider Vinegar, Mustard, Vegenaise and mix. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
Step 5: Serve on toast or over a bed of lettuce, kale or spinach. Enjoy!