Handle with Care is a blog that hopes to educate about proper animal care and advocate for those who can’t speak up for themselves.
- Animals are NOT Gifts, They’re a Commitment!It’s that time of year again… when parents, grandparents, aunts, or uncles think it would be “cute” to get their child an easy to manage holiday-themed pet! Do you think a bunny would make the perfect gift for Easter? Well, I’m here to tell you DON’T do it, unless you are fully prepared to care for these delicate, living creatures. [Read more...]
- 6 Easy Tips To Be GreenerWe hear Leonardo DiCaprio talk about it all the time... going green. What does that mean exactly? Drive an electric car? Get solar paneling on your roof? Be a vegan? While yes, all of those things would help our often neglected environment, it might seem overwhelming to most of us. You don't have to change your entire world to make a difference. It wasn't like we ruined this planet overnight. The decline in our air quality and ecosystems have been an ongoing process over centuries. However, if we don't take action, it's only going to get worse. Instead of trying to reverse the damage by turning your entire life around, small changes can help. Small changes can teach others. One day, you won't be here, but your children and grandchildren will be. Teach them to take care of their world and all of its organisms. Show you care, even if you don't think it will make a change. It's good for your soul and sets a good example. Try out these 6 things to help the planet. Happy Earth Day! [Read more...]
- "Shelter Us" – A Book Trilogy for Animal Lovers & Children Alike!Randall Starewicz's heartwarming children's book trilogy "Shelter Us: Max & Miles" is not only a sweet tale about two inseparable dogs at an animal shelter, it's also a series that will make a difference. [Read more...]
- Vegucated: A Must See DocumentaryI stumbled across a post about Vegucated on Twitter and immediately looked up the documentary on Netflix. Being a vegan myself, I was curious of the obstacles others face once their eyes are open to this lifestyle. I originally went vegan in 2008, but had stumbled and fallen off the wagon many times in my constant battle between wanting to eat clean, cruelty-free food to returning to my old, self-soothing bad food habits I grew up on. For me, the battle seems to be over–I hope–as [Read more...]
- Get World Animal Day on the United Nations’ Global Agenda!I have always been a huge animal lover and want to stand up for those who cannot speak. Please help me in doing this by signing and sharing this petition to the UN to help protect animals: http://wspamove.org/theun/. Animals have rights just like women, gays, and all races. How many times has an animal shown us protection? Watch this tiny dog protect an infant from a loud dryer. Too cute! [Read more...]