This recipe is something I came up with years ago when I still ate chicken. It was one of my mother’s favorite dishes that I created. My sister gave it the name “Sandy’s Seasoned Cluck & Taters”.
I had all the ingredients on hand this past weekend, minus the chicken, of course. But I did have Beyond Meat’s grilled “chicken” strips. So voila, an old favorite has been made vegan! This recipe is also much easier without the real meat. No washing or chopping involved, or waiting for the chicken to cook enough to kill off salmonella!
- 1/2 Jar of Roasted Peppers or 2 Sliced Bell Peppers (I have used both in this recipe and love it either way!)
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 Medium Potatoes Quartered
- 1 package Beyond Meat Grilled “Chicken”
- 1/2 packet Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
- Spicy Season-All to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Step 1: Wash and cut peppers, onion and potatoes.
Step 2: Heat a frying pan on medium with Olive Oil and add onions, peppers, and potatoes. Cook a couple of minutes and add Spicy Season-All. Cook until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
Step 3: Add “Chicken” to the pan and stir.
Step 4: Add Lipton Onion Soup Mix and stir. Cook 2 minutes.
Step 5: Marvel how easy that was as you sit down and enjoy a satisfying meal!